Topic of the Week
Dumb & Dumbest: Reducing Distorted Thinking at Work
Unfortunately many of us shoot ourselves not with a gun, but with our own brand of distorted thinking at work.
Blog of the Week
Pro-Working People Laws Catching on Around the Country
As the new year begins, New York, Nevada and Washington state are implementing paid family leave laws, and Rhode Island will join them in July. Rhode Island will bring the total number of states with a paid family leave law to eight.
Thought for the Week
"If I had to reduce the responsibilities of a good follower to a single rule, it would be to speak truth to power."
List of the Week
from Dr. John Izzo
Why People Don't Step Up at Work: The Top Three Reasons
- Leaders making decisions without seeking input, 64%
- Leaders dismissing ideas without exploring the ideas, 38%
- People not getting rewarded or recognized for playing outside the lines, 26%
Top Five News Headlines
- Paying tipped workers better wouldn’t lead to fewer restaurant jobs
- NAACP Honors Memphis Sanitation Workers Who Went On Strike In 1968
- Workplace Raids Signal Shifting Tactics in Immigration Fight
- Workplace Lawyers Race Against the Trump Clock
- Nearly Half of Black STEM Workers Report Being Treated As Incompetent Because of Their Race.